Over the past few months we’ve been slowly returning to worship in our buildings following the Covid-19 lockdown. From the beginning of October our pattern of services will be as below.
If you are unable to join us for ‘in person’ worship, you’re very welcome to join our 10.30am Sunday Service via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 859 5008 0070 Password: 1871
If you’re participating in worship from home, you can download the service sheet here.
Places of worship are subject to the government’s Covid restrictions, so please be aware that:
- Social distancing must be observed within our buildings
- People will be required to use hand sanitizer or to wash their hands upon arrival
- Masks must be worn in church – with the exception of under 11s and those who are exempt for other reasons
- We need to keep a list of all those who attend our services (alternatively you can scan the QR codes at the doors)
- Congregational singing is not permitted at present
- Communion will be administered slightly differently, for example there will be bread but no wine, and we will receive standing rather than kneeling
- We will not be able to offer refreshments after the service, and people will be encouraged to go straight home and to avoid mingling
- Children are always welcome, but we’re not currently able to provide separate children’s and youth activities, nor to provide the Crèche Room or children’s corner. If you’re bringing children to church, please feel free to bring toys, books and snacks for them.
Our usual pattern of worship…
We currently have two services on a Sunday – 9am at St. Peter’s and 10.30am at the Good Shepherd. Both services include liturgy, music that’s old and new, engaging preaching, prayer for others, and the opportunity to receive from God. Services are led in an informal style, and are followed by coffee and refreshments.
In 2019 we launched the ‘6 O’clock Service’ – a new monthly evening service which includes homemade cake, space for discussion, and quiet reflection. Find out more about our Sunday Services below.
We also have a service of Morning Prayer that’s open to all, every Wednesday morning, from 9 – 9.30am at the Good Shepherd. It’s a great opportunity to meet with others, and to pray for the needs of our community.
Sunday 9am at St. Peter’s
St. Peter’s is the smaller of our two congregations, meeting in a newer church building, which offers a more informal setting for worship. Most weeks we hold a Communion Service, with our ‘All Age Service’ taking place on the third Sunday of the month. Services tend to be quiet and reflective, and include hymns and songs led by a pianist. Our monthly all age services are lively, creative and engaging – whatever your age! We have a children’s area at the back of church, and children of all ages are very welcome in our services.
Sunday 10.30am at Good Shepherd
Services at the Good Shepherd are friendly and welcoming, and offer activities for all ages. We have a crèche room for under 4s, Children’s Church for 4-11s, and a youth group for 11+. Communion services take place twice a month, and our ‘All Age Service’ is on the second Sunday of the month, when we welcome young people and families involved in the Brownies, Guides, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. There is a children’s corner in church, with toys available for young children. Services at the Good Shepherd include music led by the choir, organ, and other musicians and singers.
Prayer for healing is offered at both churches on the first Sunday of the month, as part of Communion.
To find out more about access and our facilities please visit the Find us page.
Monthly Evening Service