We’re a growing Anglican church in Lee, South East London. We have two congregations, one at the Good Shepherd on Handen Road, and one at St. Peter’s on Eltham Road.
We are: Shining God’s light to our community, and sharing the good news of God’s love for all
In our churches:
- All are welcome – we are an inclusive church
- All have space to grow in faith – every age and stage of life matters
- All are called to serve – everyone has a part to play
- All find a place to belong – we’re committed to God and to one another
- All reach out – we respond to the needs in our community with the love of God
We hope that our two churches are places where people can find God, and can come to celebrate life’s joys, or share life’s sorrows.
Our worship is a mixture of traditional and contemporary, with a relaxed atmosphere.
We’re keen for people of all ages to have the chance to grow in faith, so on Sunday mornings at the Good Shepherd we offer activities for children and young people, as well as a crèche room for the under 4s. At St. Peter’s we all worship together.
For those who are returning to church, or coming to church for the first time, we offer short courses such as Alpha to enable people to explore some of their questions about life, and faith, and what it means to be a Christian. We also offer mid-week groups and short courses for people who’d like to get more involved.
Our churches have been in this area for over 160 years, and we’re delighted that we can continue the tradition of being a prayerful presence in our parish, alongside breathing new life into our churches.