Shining God’s light to our community, and sharing the good news of God’s love for all
We’re a growing Anglican church in Lee, South East London. We have two congregations, one at the Good Shepherd on Handen Road, and one at St. Peter’s on Eltham Road. In our churches:
- All are welcome – we are an inclusive church
- All have space to grow in faith – every age and stage of life matters
- All are called to serve – everyone has a part to play
- All find a place to belong – we’re committed to God and to one another
- All reach out – we respond to the needs in our community with the love of God
In March of this year, the PCC agreed to adopt the ‘Church of England Vision for the 2020s’, and then to adapt it to fit our context.
That vision is to be a church that is:
CHRIST CENTRED AND JESUS SHAPED
That reflects the character of Jesus by being humbler, simpler and bolder
That focusses its energy on four priorities:
- exploring, releasing and supporting each other to live out our faith in everyday life
- encouraging variety and creativity in our worship, mission and practice
- being a church that’s younger and more diverse
- pursuing social justice for all
You can read more about the Church of England vision here.
We’re in the process of thinking about what that vision means for us in practice, and we recently surveyed our congregation. If you’d like to read the results of that survey, you can find them here.
Our churches have been in this area for over 160 years, and we’re delighted that we can continue the tradition of being a prayerful presence in our parish, alongside breathing new life into our churches.